Friday, August 2, 2013

Stupid Shit

This last week has been allll the stupid.  As in me - I AM ALL STUPID. And the first thing to go? My superior knowledge of the English language. Look, I pride myself on knowing a homonym and recognizing a run-on sentence. Yes, I correct spelling in an IM. And sometimes texts. 

Looking like you speak English on digital paper is just as important as actually speaking English so take your YOLO and shove it. 

Monday:
I said, "We've spinned our wheels on this for 2 weeks." 
Spinned. GUYS I SAID SPINNED. My co-worker looked at me as if I sprouted a horn and just said...wha??? 

Tuesday: 
"You know like the circles? In the trees? When you cut a tree open and it shows the age?" 
Co-worker: "You mean the tree rings?" 

Note: I just had to ask him again because I FORGOT the earlier conversation.

Wednesday: Texting a good friend in San Francisco. 
"Well if you wander over hear let us know!" 

Four Hours Later
"Hear MiT?! REALLY?! HERE. If you wander over HERE. GOD" 

Yep. Here.

Thursday: 
Me: "You're totally invaluable."
Co-worker: "You mean...valuable?"
Me: "No...like I can't live without you!"
Co-worker: "So...indispensable?"
Me: "SHUT UP I USED TO KNOW THINGS." 

Friday:  Me: "Oh and what about those things?" points to bowls,tongs and general serving utensils
Coworker: "The disposable catering stuff?"
Me: "No! The things...with the serving...over there." clearly pointing again to bowls, tongs and general serving utensils. 
Coworker: "You mean the bowls?"
Sigh







3 comments:

  1. Okay, you've lost some brains. It's all downhill once the kid arrives, so get used to it. But for the record, there was no sin on Thursday. "Invaluable" is totally a word, and you used it correctly. What's your coworkers excuse? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I thought so but in the second guessing and allll the other instances I convinced myself I was wrong. Should I just sign up for Lumosity now and get my brain workouts in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best do it now while you have the time! : )

    ReplyDelete