Thursday, July 25, 2013

But... I'm Doing It Backwards?!

All: I need to know why we don't wear maternity clothes ALL THE TIME. Seriously. Who is answering this question for me because someone needs to immediately. 

Now look, maternity clothes cost more than the arrival of the child which OK is maybe one reason why we don't wear them all the time. However, zulily.com sends me a daily email with at least one or two deals for maternity clothes. A few weeks ago the deal was for Page Maternity jeans which looked great and at about $60 each - a decent price. Remember our current Dante weather aside, I'm going to be pregnant well into fall/winter so I need to keep my shit together for another few months. I missed the memo where someone told me that maternity jeans run OVER $150 when sweatpants and a fucking muumuu would suffice. Sixty bucks was a damn gift and if I had known when the sale was on I would have bought them out and sold them on eBay. College funds bitches! 

Like every other major jean designer Page assumes I am approximately 12 feet tall so I dropped them off at my friendly Asian tailor (no I don't hem my own pants. I cook and do laundry - wife card complete) thinking oh I can wait 3 days before I am going to need these. Right now allllll the formerly-pregnant people are laughing at my naivete. Why? Because the past three days I have been rocking non-mat pants with the super-hot hairband loop and about two inches of gut just hanging out there under my flowy shirt. Yeah yeah... it's not gut it's baby blah blah. Let's be clear - it's baby gut. 

Today, I pulled on a pair of brand new maternity leggings that could double as a bra if I didn't need any support. Double that with my new pair of bright orange TOMS and support tank and I literally don't have SINGLE SNAP OR TIE. I assume this will have to be norm for the next couple years - trying to make myself look presentable without structure. But screw structure right now, right? RIGHT. 

I find it odd that I am eager to grow INTO clothes rather than shrink out of them. That's going to get old soon isn't it? It's the opposite mindset of the last 20+ years of my life; that and the unstoppable urge to eat at every 20 minutes. Or rather give into the urge to eat every 20 minutes. Although the wider I get, I have to remind myself I need to get wider before I get belly-ier. That's a word right? Yep it is today.

Belly-ier. Get on it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment